Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Little Cheese With My Whine, Please!

Yes, I am going to whine.  Why?  To prevent you from possibly falling victim to the same trap I fell in.  First, to whine!  My body feels like I was hit with a Mack truck; my nervous system feels like heroin withdrawals; my stomach is extremely nauseous and my large intestine feels like it is full of molten lava.  When the volcano erupts, which is three to six  times a day, I have yelped, shed a tear, and moaned loudly.  I also have fevers, chills, and other types of random side effects.  However, with all the pain and suffering described above, there is nothing to be compared to the last side effect: anemia.  Anemia is a lack of red blood cells and causes unbelievable, overwhelming fatigue.  Many times I am unable to hold my head up, walk more than 20 ft., and it brings more brain fog.  Although I have to self inject a drug to reverse this condition,  it has only slowed down the progress, but has not reversed it.  I am literally helpless!

Many of you also deal with life controlling problems, broken relationships, failed businesses, and other overwhelming life impacting catastrophes that don’t seem to be controlled by conventional methods.  It is not that I am complaining, mind you, it is that Carolyn noticed a change in my countenance.  Although I was not complaining any more than I usually do (which is a lot!!!!), it was that I seemed to have lost my joy, and she asked if I had read the Word or prayed to our Father.  I had not.  You see my spirit was anemic; I had let my physical ailments dictate my spiritual condition.  This only compounded the problem, as now I was battling all this on my own.  We were not made to be without God’s loving Spirit; the same Spirit that Jesus said is the great Comforter and Helper whom He would send when He left.

Please do not be like me and let circumstances dictate our behavior.  If you are struggling with a difficult situation , take the time to pray and nourish yourself on God’s Word and watch how God can work the impossible.  Also, get together for prayer with someone else to help carry the load.  I can’t tell you how much having Carolyn and Aaron praying for me,  and loving me through this has meant to me.  And, for those of you who  have prayed for me, I would like to pray for you, so let us know your prayer request and we will add you to our list.  My final thought is loving community; I belong to a home group that spoils us rotten.  The Word is so true for us not to forget the assembly of ourselves.

As always, thank you all for your prayers and support; without it we would not have been able to continue so strongly.

Many, many Blessings,
Mike

2 comments:

  1. Mike it is amazing how our journey parallels. Some days are diamonds and some days are stones. Thank you for your transparency. I certainly have been there. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy, I am still trying to learn this thing, but Aaron is helping me to learn as he, like all kids of his generation were born with technology genes that our generation is missing! We pray for you everyday and believe you will remain HepC free and have no or minimal side effects. Give our love to your family.

    ReplyDelete